A delegation of AIIEA consisting of Coms. V.Ramesh, General Secretary, Clement Das, Joint Secretary and B.S.Ravi, treasurer met Shri M.R. Kumar, Executive Director (Personnel) today, the 6th August 2014 at Hyderabad and the following issues were raised.
1. Wage Revision and One more option for pension: ED (P) informed that the management is seriously pursuing these issues with the government. He said that efforts are on to invite unions at the earliest.
2. RPT issues: Replying on up-gradation of residual RPT employees, he said this matter needs further pursuance with government.
3. Mediclaim: We informed ED (P) that the circular for renewal of mediclaim scheme for RPT employees has not been issued. The ED(P) informed that the policy has already been renewed and the official instructions will be issued immediately.
We have also raised the issue of cashless facility for mediclaim scheme in the background of the enhanced coverage under new floater policy. ED (P) responded that management will look into it.
4. LTC: We conveyed the disappointment of employees on withdrawal of certain LTC benefits and demanded for restoration. Replying, he informed that the management will pursue this matter with government for solution.
5. Recruitment: We pointed out to the ED (P) the immediate need for recruitment in cadres of Assistants and Sub-staff. ED (P) while appreciating the need for recruitment stated that due to certain litigations in the court, the process could not be started. He assured that the management will make all efforts to sort out this issue at the earliest and initiate the process of recruitment.
6. Cashier Allowance: The delegation stressed on the demand for substantial enhancement of cashier allowance. This needs further follow up from our side.