You are aware that the budget speech of the Finance Minister Shri Arun Jaitley on 10th July, 2014 clearly laid a roadmap for further liberalisation of our economy. In the budget, he also stated that the government would make all efforts to pass the Insurance Laws (Amendments) Bill 2008.
Therefore, our units are requested to step up our campaign against the FDI hike and disinvestment of public sector general insurance companies by taking up following programmes of action immediately.
- All our Divisional/Regional Units should obtain a minimum of 10 letters from prominent personalities like eminent lawyers, retired judges, doctors, professors, journalists and other such intellectual and influential persons. The letters should be addressed to the Finance Minister. The draft letter is enclosed. You may request these personalities to either send the same draft or with suitable changes as per their convenience.
- These letters should be sent immediately without waiting for all the letters to be collected and sent together.
- This campaign shall continue till the end of this budget session or till the Bill is taken up in the Parliament, whichever is earlier.
- Press Meets to be conducted immediately and wherever possible the prominent personalities may also be involved in such meets.
- As per the decision of general conference of AIIEA, if the Bill is passed, all our units shall observe ONE DAY strike, the following day.
We also would like to inform you that from AIIEA, letters are being sent to all the recognised political parties and central trade unions seeking their support to oppose the bill. Efforts are also being made to involve all the Unions within the industry for a joint struggle including one day strike if the Bill is passed in the parliament.
(For more details and draft letter to Finance Minister please download the attachments...)