Serious Campaign against Disinvestment of PSGI Cos
You are aware that the BJP led NDA Government made certain amendments to GIBNA Act during the Budget session of Parliament in 2015. After the passage of the Insurance Laws Amendment Bill in the Parliament, the Government is contemplating to move ahead with rapid speed for implementation of the changes. While presenting the budget in the Parliament, The Finance Minister has announced that the 4 PSGI Cos will be listed in Stock exchanges and 10% of their shares will be offloaded to the Public. This is one of the most dangerous steps taken by the Government to weaken the PSGI Cos. In order to protect the PSGI Cos from the onslaught of the Central Government by its retrograde policies with evil designs, we have to unleash serious campaign in the days to come. All the State/Regional units are advised to observe the following programme of action.
Programme of Action
1. AIIEA’s letter to CMDs dated 5th April, 2016 has to translate into vernacular and should be distributed to all the employees in all the offices.
2. Organise Conventions/Seminars minimum in 2 centres of the Region/State before 15th May on the dangers of disinvestment.
3. Leadership has to tour to all the District Centres and meetings are to be conducted highlighting the dangers of disinvestment.
4. Distribution of pamphlets amongst the all sections of employees throughout Region/State.
5. Observe the 126th Birth Anniversary of Dr.B.R.Ambedkar on 14th April by organizing Seminar/Convention on that day with a slogan “Protect & Strengthen Public Sector General Insurance Companies”.
6. Observe the 13th May (Nationalisation Day of the PS General Insurance companies) by highlighting the success story of the PSGI Cos. before and after opening up of the insurance sector to private companies.
After observance of the above programme, units shall send the reports to headquarters which will be reviewed in the Standing Committee meeting to be held at Hyderabad on 22nd & 23rd May, 2016.
Secretary, Standing Committee (GI) AIIEA.